We didn't think we could make our best-selling elevated raised bed any better, but we did! Now these no-bend garden boxes keep plants hydrated via a series of innovative, connected reservoirs that deliver water to roots on demand.
Our Most Popular No-Bend Planter Box is Now Self-Watering
1. Waist-high box eases knee and back strain
2. Lifetime aluminum legs for years of support
3. Grow a bountiful food garden in a compact space
4. Easy-fill tube with water-level indicator
We replaced the wooden planter box floor with four generous 5-gallon reservoirs that extend time between waterings and create more even moisture throughout the bed. In tests, our crops grew stronger and taller — faster. And, since water is drawn primarily from the bottom instead of applied from the top, less water is lost to evaporation too！
The height of the planter box has other advantages too: fewer weeds, reduced maintenance, and fewer critters nibbling at your prize plants. The sturdy aluminum legs won't buckle or sag, the wood sides are naturally rot-resistant, and our richly colored, food-grade, Vermont poly whey protectant is not only safe enough for your organic garden but will protect the wood against the elements.
1. Cedar or cypress, aluminum, polypropylene, PVC, silicone, food-grade poly when protectant
2. 96" L x 24" W x 29" H
3. Four self-watering reservoirs are 22" sq. x 4-1/2" H and hold 5 gal. ea.
4. Holds 280 quarts (fourteen 20-quart bags) of potting mix
5. Assembly required
6. Planter box is made by us in Vermont